Good citations make for faster processing of your Interlibrary Loan Requests. Contact a reference librarian for help identifying the materials you want to obtain.
- For most requests allow a minimum of ten working days for your materials to arrive.
- Rush service is provided to UMD faculty on a limited basis.
- Submit your request via ILLiad.
- Contact staff by phone to notify us of your request:
Kay Westergren 726-6628
You can look up and request materials from other libraries in the WorldCat database.
Using WorldCat to Request:
- Choose WorldCat from the list of UMD Library databases
- Search for materials by title, keyword, author, etc.
- Identify an item you would like to request.
- Look for this icon to see if it’s owned by UMD.
- If the UMD icon is showing, look the item up in the Library Catalog.
- If the item is not owned by UMD, make an Interlibrary Request.
- Click the ILL button at the top of the page.
- Fill out the online form and click “Submit.”
You will need to authenticate with your UMD e-mail ID and password.
Provide the required information and as much information as you can.
Allow a minimum of ten working days for your materials to arrive.