Accessing CRSP Data
Usage Instructions for U of MN Duluth
CRSP is the University of Chicago's Center for Research in Security Prices.
CRSPSift is CRSP's Securities Information Filtering Tool. It replaces the command line utilities previously included in CRSPAccess - stkprint, indprint, and cstprint. The user's guide can be accessed here: CRSPSift Guide. The CRSP support website is here.
CRSPSift in the library:
- You may run CRSPSift at the "EDD 1" workstation on the Library's 2nd floor.
EDD 1 is next to the public scanner, near the Reference Desk. (2nd Floor Map)
- Click on the "start" button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- In the "Start Menu", selec "CRSPSift".
CRSPSift in UMD offices
- The CRSPSift data and software can be installed to a campus-owned computer.
- 'Data plus software' installations are limited to 10 individual computers.
- To request installation, contact Kyle Harriss in the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org or 726-6546)
- As the campus implementation of Active Directory proceeds, we will install CRSP data on
a campus file server, allowing us to add CRSPSift software to more campus PCs.