RefWorks Import Directions
- Do search, and mark citations. (check small box to left of brief citation or before citation number on full record).
- At “Results Manager” (top or bottom of page). Select the results, fields, and sort keys you want.
- Under “Action,” click on Save. Click on “Windows Style Linefeeds” (if PC) or “Macintosh Style Linefeeds” (if Mac) and then Continue. Save to the Desktop or folder of your choice on C drive. Save as type: Text Document (*.txt) and click on Continue. When download is complete, click on Close (IE) or Cancel (Mozilla Firefox).
- In RefWorks, under “References,” select Import.
- At “Import Filter/Data Source,” select “OVID.”
- At “Database,” select “Medline.”
- At “Import Data from the following Text File”, use Browse to locate the saved file and click on Open.
- Click on Import.
- Within RefWorks, click on View Last Imported Folder.
- LOGOFF the Ovid database.
NOTE: "Find It" within the database does not work since it maps to the Twin Cities. The "Find It" within Refworks is UMD's "Find It" and will help you locate your item.
For more information contact:
Sunshine Carter - Reference Librarian
Page Updated: September 2008< Back