RefWorks Import Directions
SciFinder Scholar (CAS SciFinder)
- Do your search and mark records. (Box to the left of the citation).
- Click Export at top right of screen.
- In the Export box, under Citation Manager, choose Tagged Format (*.txt).
- Under Details: type the File Name and click Export.
- Follow instructions for your browser:
- In Internet Explorer at the bottom of the page under "Do you want to open or save filename.txt from scifinder.cas.org?", click on Open.
- In Mozilla FireFox, a popup box will appear. Click on Open with Notepad and OK.
- In Chrome, file downloads at bottom of page. Click on download.
- In Notepad, select File.
- At "Save as", select the Desktop or folder of your choice and then on Save.
- In RefWorks, under "References," select Import.
- At “Import Filter/Data Source”, select “CAS SciFinder”.
- At “Database”, select “CAPlus”.
- At “Import Data from the following Text File”, use Browse to locate the saved file and click on Open.
- Click on Import.
- In RefWorks, click on View Last Imported Folder.
For more information contact:
Pam Enrici - Reference Librarian
Page Updated: August 2014< Back