Stress-less Week in the Library
April 23-29, 2016
Stress-less Week, the library's popular series of events designed to help students relieve stress before finals week, will return this December. Events take place the week of April 23-29 and are free for all UMD students!
We've provided examples below of different types of events, activities and gatherings.
For more information about Stress-less Week, contact Adam Brisk (218-726-6603).
Stress-less Kickoff Night
The Library gets Stress-less Week started with free snacks, door prizes, coffee, massages and activities throughout the library! We'll have stations set up for coffee and high energy snacks. Ready for a mental break? Explore our coloring and snowflake making station, and giant board game/table. We also have our popular Cute Animal Video station running on a loop!
Most importantly, we will have a tutors, writing consultants, Multimedia Hub staff, and reference librarians will be on hand for after-hours help with last minute revisions, edits and research needs!
Get an early start on your studies and last week of classes with free coffee as handed out by your awesome Library Staff! Handed out on Monday and Friday Mornings!
Gain energy and focus with a green smoothie from Health Services! We'll be blending and pouring outside of the library; hurry and get in line! They go fast!
Nancy Schwerdt from RSOP will provide quick, chair massages, along with a host of great tips for posture and stress relief! Sign up the day of for one of these limited spots in line
Some of the Lake Superior Zoo's smallest and cutest animals will provide a welcome distraction from studying. Hedgehogs, Chinchillas, and more!
YogaTake a yoga break with the UMD Yoga Club! No previous yoga experience necessary, mats provided!
Pet Away Worry & Stress (PAWS)
wednesday, AprIL 26, 11:00 am–1:00 pm, Kirby Lounge
Stop by and stress less with some lovable canines, cats and miniature horses! Representatives from Humane Educators and Animal Allies will be on campus with animals to play with, hold, and pet! Sponsored by Animal Allies, KUMD, Kathryn A. Martin Library, UMD Employee Wellness and Health Services.
Volunteer support provided by SERVE.
Staff & Students will be hosting a De-Stress Fest in the library atrium. We will five different stations and areas to ease the burdens of a long semester. Choose between:
1. Make and take Stress Balls, sponsored by Wellness Advocates & Health Services
2. Mindful eating with Dining Services
3. Mindful/meditative art, sponsored by Disability Resources
4. Breathing technique/Diaphragmatic breathing, sponsored by UMD Health Services
5. Meditation, sponsored by School of Fine Arts and Employee Wellness
- Board games and coloring! Take a break with a board game or some crayons!
- Arts and crafts: Take a break with some origami!
- Cute animal videos on a display monitor! On a LOOP! So Relaxing!
- Coffee-bean counting contest: Guess how many beans are in a jar and win a UMD Dining Services gift card!