Welcome to Minnesota's Premier BSIE Program!
Find out what YOU can do as an Industrial Engineer - Watch the VIDEO
|Department of Mechanical and Industrial
|105 Voss-Kovach Hall
1305 Ordean Court
Duluth, MN 55812
Strengths of the BSIE Program
- Two tracks - Track system that provides students with an opportunity
to specialize in
Industrial and Systems Engineering or
- Strong commitment to undergraduate education - Class sizes
and laboratory sections are small (typically less than 25), and the
vast majority of lectures and lab sections are taught by our dedicated,
award winning faculty.
- Manufacturing emphasis - Many courses and laboratories focus
on the design, operation, and management of manufacturing systems, and
most faculty members have manufacturing industry experience.
- Laboratory intensive - Many courses have a hands-on laboratory
component where students get practical experience with a wide variety
of industry-grade equipment and software tools in our excellent facilities.
- Accreditation - The BSIE program is accredited by the
Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 telephone: (410) 347-7700.
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program is to deliver a hands-on, laboratory-intensive undergraduate education to provide students with the tools and skills to excel in the profession, as they pursue life-long learning and make positive contributions to society. With an emphasis on integrated systems and a strategic partnership with LuleŚ University of Technology in Sweden, the BSIE program will offer unique opportunities for study abroad, undergraduate research, and technical electives to develop an enhanced global perspective.
The BSIE program will produce graduates who are able to:
- Solve industrial engineering problems by applying contemporary engineering tools to propose and implement effective solutions.
- Design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy.
- Contribute as informed, ethical, and responsible members of the engineering profession and society as a whole.
- Continue lifelong professional development throughout their career.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with others as a member or leader of an engineering or multidisciplinary team in an international setting.