Industrial Engineering Program Accreditation
Industrial Engineering Program
The Bachelor of Industrial Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
BSIE Program Educational ObjectivesThe BSIE program will produce graduates who are able to:
- Solve industrial engineering problems by applying contemporary engineering tools to propose and implement effective solutions.
- Design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy.
- Contribute as informed, ethical, and responsible members of the engineering profession and society as a whole.
- Continue lifelong professional development throughout their career.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with others as a member or leader of an engineering or multidisciplinary team in an international setting.
BSIE Student Outcomes
Industrial Engineering graduates will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering appropriate to an industrial engineer
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, and report findings
- An ability to design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve industrial engineering problems
- An understanding of the professional and ethical responsibilities of an industrial engineer
- An ability to communicate effectively, including oral, written and visual forms
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of industrial engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and the ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary industrial engineering issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for industrial engineering practice
- A working knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems