The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program is to deliver a hands-on, laboratory-intensive undergraduate education to provide students with the tools and skills to excel in the profession, as they pursue life-long learning and make positive contributions to society. With an emphasis on integrated systems and a strategic partnership with Luleň University of Technology in Sweden, the BSIE program will offer unique opportunities for study abroad, undergraduate research, and technical electives to develop an enhanced global perspective.
Strengths of the BSIE Program
- Two tracks - Track system that provides students with an opportunity to specialize in Industrial and Systems Engineering or International Engineering.
- Strong commitment to undergraduate education - Class sizes and laboratory sections are small (typically less than 25), and the vast majority of lectures and lab sections are taught by our dedicated, award winning faculty.
- Manufacturing emphasis - Many courses and laboratories focus on the design, operation, and management of manufacturing systems, and most faculty members have manufacturing industry experience.
- Laboratory intensive - Many courses have a hands-on laboratory component where students get practical experience with a wide variety of industry-grade equipment and software tools in our excellent facilities.
- Accreditation - The BSIE program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.ABET.org.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for industrial engineering practice
- A working knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems