Mechanical Engineering Program Accreditation
The Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
BSME Program Educational ObjectivesThe BSME program will produce graduates who:
- Solve mechanical engineering problems by applying contemporary engineering tools to propose and implement effective solutions.
- Design, develop, implement and improve thermal and mechanical systems.
- Contribute as informed, ethical, and responsible members of the engineering profession and society as a whole.
- Continue lifelong professional development throughout their career.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with others as a member or leader of an engineering or multidisciplinary team in an international setting.
BSME Student Outcomes
Mechanical Engineering graduates will have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
BSME Continuous Improvement Process