Mechancial Engineering Program Accreditation
BSME Program Educational ObjectivesThe BSME program will produce graduates who are able to:
- Solve mechanical engineering problems by applying contemporary engineering tools to propose and implement effective solutions.
- Design, develop, implement and improve thermal and mechanical systems.
- Contribute as informed, ethical, and responsible members of the engineering profession and society as a whole.
- Continue lifelong professional development throughout their career.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with others as a member or leader of an engineering or multidisciplinary team in an international setting.
BSME Student Outcomes
Mechanical Engineering graduates will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering appropriate to a mechanical engineer
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, and report findings
- An ability to design and realize both thermal and mechanical systems
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems
- An understanding of the professional and ethical responsibilities of a mechanical engineer
- An ability to communicate effectively, including oral, written and visual forms
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and the ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary mechanical engineering issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for mechanical engineering practice
BSME Continuous Improvement Process