Student Ambassador Program
What is it?
The Ambassador’s Program is a volunteering opportunity for the students inside the Multicultural Center to mentor, inspire and encourage high school students to go to college. Our volunteers dedicate 4 to 5 hours on selected days, touring high school students around UMD, participating in social activities and also participating in panel discussions. During the panel discussions, the high school students are able to hear the experiences of students that they can relate with. The high school students ask our ambassadors variety of questions regarding homework load, roommate issues, GPA requirements for admission and also the experience of students of color in a predominately white college campus.
- Give UMD tour to High School students
- Participate in a student panel during high school visits.
- Dine in with students during lunch and engage in conversations with them regarding campus questions, and more.
- $30 gift card to UMD stores after participating 3 times
- Receive a Volunteer Certificate at the Multicultural Center End of the Year Recognition Dinner
- Great for resumes!