University of Minnesota Duluth
myUMD | Search | People | Departments | Events | News

Frequently Asked Questions



How do I get involved in the Queer and Allied Students Union (QASU)?

QASU is located in the Multicultural Center on the 2nd Floor of Kirby Student Center. Look for our banner and walk right in. Weekly meetings will be posted on the Calendar of Events on the GLBT Services webpage, which will be updated. If you are a new freshman student, you can find out more about QASU on Monday (Labor Day) if you choose "Join the QASU Party" as one of your workshops.

Does UMD have Domestic Partner Benefits for Faculty and Staff?

Yes. See our U of M Benefits Page for more information.

How do I find GLBT Friendly Resources in the area?

For starters, please see the Duluth/Superior Links Page on this site.

Does GLBT Services do training off campus for organizations?

Yes. Contact Angie Nichols, Director, UMD GLBT Services for further information.

Is there a GLBT Studies Minor at UMD?

No, not yet but we're working on it. There is an Introduction to GLBT Studies course in the Cultural Studies Program of the Sociology/Antrhopology Department. It's designation is Cst 2001.

How do I find a roommate who is "GLBT-Friendly?"

Great question! We have been working to put this option on all Housing Forms at UMD. You can name another person on your housing application and they can name you when you select rooms. Or, you can put on your application "request GLBTA" roommate. I suggest also contacting Angie Nichols, GLBT Services for more information. She will touch base with the appropriate UMD housing personnel to help you work out a solution. Make sure you beat those housing deadlines!


© 2014 University of Minnesota Duluth
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Last modified on 03/19/14 12:05 PM
University of Minnesota Campuses
Crookston | Duluth | Morris
Rochester | Twin Cities | Other Locations

Cumulative Page Views: 46161