May 2, 2000
Susan Beasy Latto, UMD Public Relations Director (218) 726-8830
Sharon Torrison, UMD Assistant to the Dean for Student Affairs (218) 726-8757
UMD BUSINESS STUDENTS RECOGNIZED FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AND LEADERSHIP
Eight UMD students were recognized for academic excellence & leadership and dedication to their chosen profession at UMD School of Business and Economics (SBE) 13th annual Student Awards Breakfast held April 19. Presentations were made by SBE Dean Kjell Knudsen. Featured speaker for the event was J.R. "Rob" Link whose topic was "Building for Tomorrow."
The UMD School of Business and Economics Student Award winners are:
- Jeffrey Benton of Cloquet, Minnesota for organizational management and valedictorian of the 1999-2000 business administration class.
- Amber Kellen of Duluth, Minnesota for management information systems.
- Rebecca Amos of St. Paul, Minnesota for marketing.
- Kuang-Lin Ke of Taipei, Taiwan for marketing.
- Erich Hartmann of Cologne, Minnesota for marketing.
- Melody Maalis of Blaine, Minnesota for human resource management.
- Dawn Kaiser of Lake Park, Minnesota for human resource management.
- Jeffrey Scissons of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan for finance.