September 25, 2003
Susan Beasy Latto. Director of Public Relations 218 726-8830
Kjell Knudsen, Dean, Labovitz School of Business and Economics 218 726-7288
Elaine Hansen, Director of Development, Labovitz School of Business and Economics 218 726-6793
UMD Labovitz School of Business and Economics to Hold
"Professor for a Day" Event
Joel Labovitz to Speak at 8 A.M.
University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) Labovitz School of Business and Economics (LSBE) will hold its annual "Professor for a Day" event on Wednesday, October 1.
"Professor for a Day" is a yearly event hosted by the School which is dedicated to providing business and economics students opportunities to meet with LSBE alumni and talk with them about career choices and opportunities.
The day will begin at 8 a.m. in the UMD Weber Music Hall with a presentation by Joel Labovitz, former CEO of the Maurices clothing chain, and LSBE alumnus and benefactor. Chancellor Kathryn A. Martin will welcome everyone and introduce Mr Labovitz.
Seventeen UMD LSBE alumni will be guest speakers in business and economics classes through-out the day.
In addition two panel discussions will be held:
11 a.m. "Marketing Yourself for Today's Workforce" SBE 140
2 p.m. "Marketing Trends and Ethics" Library 409
The public is cordially invited to the 8 a.m. presentation by Mr. Labovitz. Admission is free.
FOR A DAY - 2003
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS WITH CURRENT POSITION
- RICHARD AHMANN III - PRESIDENT
- RJA COMPANIES
- DONNY (DONALD) BARNES - OWNER
- PARADIGM RESIDENTIAL SERVICES, INC.
- CHARLES CHAIRS - AGENT
- AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE
- LORI COLLARD - DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
- MINNESOTA POWER
- JIM DENNEY - PARTNER
- RSM MC GLADREY
- TROY DUNCAN - SENIOR MANAGER
- GRANT THORNTON & CO.
ST. PAUL, MN
- TODD FEDORA - VICE PRESIDENT COMMERICIAL BANKING
- M & I BANK
'87 BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- LESLIE HANNA - CONTROLLER
- PLAZA HOLDING CO.
- CHRISTOPHER LANE - SALES
- ASTAZENECA PHARMACEUTICALS
'88 BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- STEPHEN LAURING - DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
- GENERAL MILLS
- CHIRS MAHAI - CEO
- DAVID MCMILLAN - SR. VICE PRESIDENT
'83 ECONOMICS AND HISTORY
- NORMAN MEARS - PRESIDENT
- RAVE SPORTS
ST. PAUL/MINNEAPOLIS, MN
'70 BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- AMIR PERMEH - SALES REPRESENTATIVE
- HERSHEY FOODS
- JEFFREY SCISSONS - RESEARCH ANALYST
- NORTHERN ASSET MANAGEMENT
- JENNIFER SMITH - STAFF AUDITOR
- EIKILL & SCHILLING
- CHRIS STEELE - RETIRED SR. VICE PRESIDENT
- '80 ACCOUNTING