Authorize Access to a Student Record
University student record information, such as grades and classes completed, is recorded online in a dynamic profile that is continually updated. A student must grant permission for a parent or guest to access the details of, or to view bills and make payments in, her or his student account.
Access may be granted to one or more of these student records:
- Enrollment Summary
- Financial Aid Status
- Student Account
- View Financial Aid Awards
- Student Billing Statement
For students: How to authorize access
- Login to the secure Parent/Guest Access application online.
- Send your parent or a guest an email invitation generated within the application.
- Your parent/guest responds to the email invitation by clicking on a link given in the email.
- You will receive an email notice once your parent/guest responds. Log in to Parent/Guest Access to grant her/him access rights to one or more of the nine categories given above. Some access rights allow parents or guests to view your record information online, while others (related to housing) allow parents or guests to access your information by calling One Stop Student Services.
- You may cancel access to your student record at any time.
For parents: How to access your student's record
- Respond to your student's email invitation. The email will contain a link to the Parent/Guest Access application, as well as an expiration date.
- If you have a University of Minnesota Internet ID, login to confirm your student's invitation. If you do not have an Internet ID, you will be required to create one to confirm your student's invitation. Once you have, you will receive an email notice that includes your Internet ID, which you can use to login to Parent/Guest Access.
- Wait for your student to grant you access to one or more of the nine student record categories.
- Once you have received an email notifying you that access has been granted, login to the secure Parent/Guest Access application each time you want to access your student's record.
Parent/Guest: Forgot your password? Call 1-218-726-8847.