Skip to main content


Multi-Institution Registration

An agreement exists among the campuses of the University of Minnesota that allows a degree-seeking student at one campus to attend another campus as a multi-institutional student for one term during an academic year without losing their status at the home campus.

To register as a multi-institutional student, you will need to complete the Application for Attending Another U of M Campus as a Multi-Institutional Student. Once you have completed this form, you will be able to register for the classes you wish to take at the other U of M campus.

If you are registered for classes at a host campus only, that campus will bill you directly for your tuition and fees. Any financial aid you receive at your home campus will be sent to you in the form of a surplus check which should then be used to pay your bill at your host campus.

If you are registered for classes at both your home and a host campus during the same term, you will receive a bill from each campus for tuition and fees. If you receive financial aid, it will be based on the combined credits that you are registered for at both campuses.* However, your aid will be disbursed and applied to your bill at your home campus ONLY; it will NOT apply directly to your bill at your host campus. You will be responsible for paying that bill separately. If you receive a financial aid surplus check, those funds can be used to pay your bill at your host campus.

Courses appear on your transcript under the header of your home campus for that term. Log in to  to view your grades online.

If you participate in a multi-institutional student agreement, or if you would like a hard copy of the form, contact the One Stop Student Services.

*Note: Some Online Distance Learning (ODL) classes offered by the U of M in the Twin Cities do not count as credits eligible for financial aid.