Award acceptance conditions
Before you submit your eFAAN responses, you will be asked to agree to the following award acceptance conditions for your financial aid. Please read them to ensure that you understand the agreement you have with the University as a financial aid recipient.
- I must be registered as a full-time student at the University of Minnesota by the end of the cancel/add period—the last date to add full semester classes without college scholastic committee approval—or my aid may be revised or canceled.
- I understand I must be registered for 15 credits per term to be eligible for my maximum Minnesota State Grant. If I register for fewer than 15 credits, my state grant will be reduced on a per-credit basis.
- If I am awarded University of Minnesota U Promise Scholarship funds (which are for undergraduate students only), I understand that I must:
- be registered for a minimum of 13 credits per term.
- average 15 credits per term to graduate in four years.
- I understand that audited course work and extended-term, Online and Distance Learning (ODL) courses are not eligible for financial aid.
- I understand that May/Summer term financial aid will be awarded separately after I register for May/Summer term classes.
- I understand if I receive any scholarships from organizations outside of the University of Minnesota, (e.g., a local community organization), it is my responsibility to forward the check(s) to the Office of Financial Aid for processing. I will endorse any check that is made payable to me and the University of Minnesota. I understand my existing financial aid awards will be reviewed and adjustments may be made based on the receipt of myscholarship(s). I understand the University of Minnesota allows me to receive the maximum benefit of any scholarship within the U.S. Department of Education guidelines.
- I must make satisfactory progress toward my degree each term in accordance with the University of Minnesota Financial Aid Policy on Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- I understand that before I can receive veterans benefits I must request school certification from the Veterans Certification Office.
- I understand that any WorkForce Center assistance, DRS funding, state services for the blind funding, or ward of the court assistance I receive must be included on this eFAAN. If not listed as an award on this eFAAN, I understand it is my responsibility to report the award name and amount via email to email@example.com.
- I will submit copies of required tax forms and any other documents if selected for the Federal Quality Assurance or Verification programs, or if requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
- I understand that disbursement of my aid to my student account occurs 7 to 10 days before the first day of each term I attend, provided that I have submitted all of the required documentation.
- I understand that I may be required to repay to the University of Minnesota any aid I have received if any of the conditions listed below occur. The University reserves the right to revise my package if:
- there are changes in my enrollment or credit load.
- government regulations, University policy, or sources of funding change prior to, or during, the award year.
- an error occurs that results in an aid award for which I am not eligible.
- overpayments occur.
- I receive other assistance not listed on my original FAAN.
- I do not meet satisfactory academic progress requirements.
- I understand that tuition subsidies such as tuition benefits/waivers, Regents Scholarships, High Ability Waivers, and National Scholarships represent an estimated value based on estimated average cost of attendance figures prepared by the Office of Financial Aid.
- If I receive a University scholarship, I give permission to the Office of Financial Aid to release information from my student record and my student ID photo to the University, the University of Minnesota Foundation, and scholarship donor(s). If asked, I agree to write a thank-you letter to the scholarship donor(s).