Scholarships available from outside sources
Click here to view a list of opportunities from outside organizations. This should not be viewed as a complete list of all opportunities, nor an authority on any details pertaining to these scholarships. This list was created as a starting point to help students find opportunities for scholarships outside of what UMD offers.
Donors from civic groups, churches, and businesses offer many scholarships to students. Scholarships count toward meeting your financial need. You must report additional aid sources not awarded by the Office of Financial Aid. You can report these sources by notifying One Stop Student Services. If your total award(s), including your scholarship(s), exceed your financial need, your aid package may be reduced or withdrawn. This is a federal regulation.
Make sure your donor includes your full name and student ID number on your check.
For information pertaining to UMD Scholarships, please visit our Scholarship page.
Many free scholarship search services on the Web provide information on scholarships available nationwide. Some of them are listed below for your convenience. These are external sites and UMD does not monitor or endorse the content. Be aware of scholarship scams and avoid fee based financial aid search companies.
- The College Board
- College Scholarships.com
- EduPrep: Get ready for college
- FACT Information Network presents Scholarships 101
- FinAID: The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- FinancialAid.com: Paying for College Just Got Easier
- Hobson's College View: your career, college and financial aid solution
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- Studentawards.com: finding money for school just got easier
- Scholarships.com: Free College Scholarship Search & Financial Aid resource
- The Scholarship Page
- Wired Scholar: The planning for college destination