Online Billing & Payment
The University of Minnesota Duluth offers online billing and payment of your student account bills (tuition, fees, housing, etc.). Online billing is the official means of generating tuition bills to all University of Minnesota students. This means that paper bills no longer exist for enrolled students.
The online billing and payment system will automatically send an e-mail notification to the student's U of M e-mail address when the bill is ready to be viewed online. Students will need their U of M Internet ID and password to login to view their billing statement. Authorized payers will need to use the login name and password provided by the University. Once logged into Online Billing, students can:
- View tuition bills online.
- View tuition billing and payment history online.
- Pay tuition bills online by automatically deducting the amount from a checking account, savings account or charging to a credit card.
- Download and print a copy of the bill for sending check payments via US Mail.
- Pay Online Now: Student
Authorized Guests can:
- View student's tuition bills online.
- View student's billing and payment history online.
- Pay student's tuition bills online by deducting the amount from a checking account, savings account or charging to a credit card.
- Download and print a copy of the student's bill for sending check payments via US Mail.
- Pay Online Now: Parent/Guest
Benefits and advantages of Electronic Billing:
- Convenient and easy
- Free service offered by the U of M when payments are debited from checking or savings accounts
- Saves time - no more waiting for the bill in the mail or waiting in line to make a payment
- Saves money - no more check writing or paying for stamps
- Private and secure
- Easy for parents and other authorized users to pay tuition bills
- Newly re-designed, easy-to-read tuition bill
- Online history of e-bills and e-payments
- Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week from anywhere in the world via the Internet
- Payments are posted immediately to your student account
Credit Card Payments:
- Credit card payments are only accepted through the student account
- We are unable to accept debit cards for electronic payment
- You or your authorized guest may make student account payments with a Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express credit card
- You will be required to pay a separate, non-refundable service charge of 2.75 percent of the payment amount at the time of each credit card payment
- The non-refundable service charge, assessed by our vendor, will appear as a separate item on your (or your authorized guest's) credit card statement
Please note that exemptions to electronic billing may be allowed by appeal.
Pay by eCheck
If you choose to debit funds from a bank account, your payment will be posted to your University student account instantly. In order to debit funds from a bank account, access your student account and select the "eCheck" option from the drop-down menu.
You cannot use the numbers on your debit or credit card when paying by eCheck. You'll need your bank's routing number and your account number. You can find your account number on your account statement, which is usually available online. Links to the routing numbers for some common banks are listed below.
Both your bank account number and your bank's routing number can also be found at the bottom of a personal check.
International students - peerTransfer
International students can also pay tuition bills online through their Student Account. One option offered through the University allows students to bypass international transfer fees and access foreign exchange rates that are typically more favorable than those offered by banks.
International students should log into their Student Account and select "International Payment" from the drop-down menu. You will need to create an additional account, so be sure to have your student ID and payer information handy.
PeerTransfer, the international payment processor, provides 24 hour multilingual customer support if you have any questions.