Skip to main content

Quick Links

Related topics

Third Party Billing

When an organization, not owned by you or a family member, makes a commitment to pay your educational expenses, they are considered a third party sponsor by the University of Minnesota. When payment is due on your student account, the sponsor is billed by the University. This payment process is termed "third party billing."

Sponsor's payments are subject to the same federal reporting requirements as other financial aid. Some sponsorships don't require a billing invoice and are administered by the University through Student Financial Services.

If you have an authorization for the University to bill a sponsoring agency for your tuition and/or fees, you need to bring your billing authorization form to 129 Darland Administration Building. To obtain information about third party billing, please call 218-726-6795.