University of Minnesota Certificates can provide:
A stepping-stone toward a baccalaureate or graduate degree.
Specialized training to supplement your existing skills and credentials
Valuable preparation and training for employment and promotion.
A wide range of educational options for full-time and part-time students.
A variety of course options, including day, evening, and online classes are available throughout the year.
Financial advising: Talk to one of our One Stop counselors regarding options for financing your education. Please note that University of Minnesota certificate programs are not eligible for federal and state financial aid programs.
Personal academic advising: Contact the certificate program to get started!
- Investigate the programs and your educational options
- Talk with the Program director and faculty
- Apply and send official college transcripts from all previous institutions other than the University of Minnesota.
- After UMD application confirmation set up your University Account. This allows UMD staff to work with you by secure email.
- You will need to enter your Student ID, birthdate, and create a personal password. Social Security Number is NOT required.