REAP (Reserve Educational Assistance Program–Chapter 1607)
You may qualify for these benefits if you
- are a Reservist or National Guard member, and
- served on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, for at least 90 consecutive days.
If you enroll full time, you will receive a monthly stipend for personal use. Rates vary depending on length of service.
Your monthly stipend will be reduced proportionately if you enroll part time. Visit the United States Department of Veterans Affairs for complete information on current rates.
If you were eligible for a kicker under Chapter 1606, you will continue to receive the kicker through Chapter 1607.
Documentation Required for Chapter 1607
Please submit completed forms or document copies to the Veterans Resource Center, according to your circumstances.
If you have never applied for benefits, submit:
- Application for VA Benefits (22-1990)
- Discharge from Active Duty (DD214)
- Veterans Enrollment Certificate
If you have had a one-year break in attendance at UMD, or if you used your benefit at another institution, submit:
If you received your benefit at UMD within the last year, submit: