Why should I apply for a CBL Designation?
It informs students, at the time of registration, that your course involves a community-based learning component.
It registers your course with the OCE, which then provides support to you and your students by:
- Maintaining a community organization directory for faculty and students.
- Recording and tracking completed service hours with the use of NobleHour, a tracking system offered through the OCE that can be accessed 24/7.
- Providing documentation of student's involvement in CBL, upon request, for potential employers and or graduate programs.
- Providing documentation of faculty involvement in CBL, upon request, for promotion and tenure files.
- Meeting institutional goals by evaluating students' experiences in CBL courses at the end of each semester and sharing the results with faculty.
- Assisting with community partnership development.
- Offering guidance and support on university risk management policies.