Here is some information about being a teaching assistant (TA) for the professors of the Psychology Department.
What requirements do you need to be a TA?
- Interest in the position
- Have received a grade of B or better in the course for which you wish to be a TA
- Complete a Psy 3989 contract with the faculty member
- Inquire about possible positions with the instructor of record for the course
- you should have a GPA of 3.0 or better
What benefits do you receive from this position?
- You can receive credits for this either with Directed Instruction (Psy 3989)
- A limited number of paid positions ($7.25/hr) are available to students who TA for large lecture courses
- Great for a resume and looks good on a grad school application
- You get to know the faculty members which is beneficial when you need a reference letter for grad school
How long is a typical position?
- Students work for one semester, sometimes longer with approval
- Paid positions will work 5 - 10 hours
- For credit positions typically spend 4hours per week working (based on the number of credits you are registered for, e.g., 3 credits of Psy 3989 would require 12 hours of work per week
- Contact the Instructor and visit 320 Bohannon Hall for paperwork
This is position requires confidentiality, ethics and honesty. Teaching assistants are greatly appreciated as they are an integral part of our psychology department and program.
↑ Top ↑