You are here
Next Stop: Discover the Outdoors!
For Camps, Community Organizations, Church Groups and Schools!
Introducing the challenges and joys of adventure pursuits to youth serves to promote a healthy active lifestyle and broadens their knowledge of the environment. All participants learn about appropriate risk-taking, trust, teamwork, building self-esteem, and developing their capacity to act as leaders within their peer groups. Our instructors are among the best you will ever find. They are industry certified and equipped with a wealth of experience in adventure sport instruction. We prioritize a safe outdoor classroom and we always emphasize fun and learning through creative activities.
Time spans and locations are only suggestions. We can customize your program to meet the needs of your group.
Beach Adventure Sports
Explore Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Sit-On-Top Kayaking, and Longboard Land Paddling at our Surf Shack on the shores of Lake Superior.
- 3 hours, $30/person (6-12 people)
- 7 hours, $70/person (6-12 people)
There is no perspective quite like that gained from the cockpit of a sea kayak. It's truly amazing how large the freighters, expansive the skyline and bright the colors of the Duluth Harbor. Things get really exciting when you venture out on lake Superior and paddle atop 70 feet of crystal blue water or in the tumbling surf near the beach.
- Duluth Harbor Tour: 4 hours, $35/person (6-12 people)
- Sea Kayak Lake Superior: 7 hours, $70/person (6-12 people)
- Sea Kayak the St. Louis River: 7 hours, $70/person (6-12 people)
- Apostle Islands Extended Trip: 4 days, $280/person (6-12 people)
Climbing is a fun way to build self-esteem and to help your group work together as a team and communicate with each other. Our indoor climbing wall offers tall, roped climbing routes plus an awesome bouldering cave with low ceilings and a padded landing where kids can stay active climbing without a rope. We also offer climbing sessions at beautiful outdoor locations in Duluth and on the North Shore. Sites include Shovel Point, Carlton Peak, Silver Cliff, Mystical Mountain, Ely’s Peak, Whoopie Wall, and Taylors Falls.
- Indoor Wall Group Sessions: (6-15 people) $80/1 hour, $120/1.5 hours, $160/2 hours
- Indoor Wall Birthday Parties: (6-12 people) $85/1 hour, $125/1.5 hours, $170/2 hours
- Team Initiatives: (6-20 people) $50/1 hour, $75/1.5 hours, $100/2 hours
- Outdoor Climbing: $70/person/6 hours, $45/person/3 hours. Additional $100/session for North Shore & Taylors Falls outings.
Whitewater Kayaking & Canoeing
Have a blast learning about whitewater paddling and safe river swimming in July and August. Choose from kayaks or canoes. We provide all the paddling accessories including a pfd and helmet. Paddlers will experience flat water, moving water and tumbling whitewater in and out of their boats.
- Kayaking or Canoeing the St. Louis River: 7 hours, $85/person (6-12 people canoe, 6-8 kayak)
Kayak & Climb Adventure Combo
Plan a full day of fun and exploration on Lake Superior and on the cliffs near Duluth. We’ll spend the morning rock climbing amid the friendly climbs in the forests of Ely’s Peak followed by a waterfront picnic lunch. The afternoon will be spent sea kayaking the Duluth harbor. We provide all equipment and instructors.
- Sea Kayaking and Climbing in Duluth: 8 hours, $95/person (6-12 people)