Courses in the Iron Range Program are offered as part of UMD’s current graduate degree programs:
- Master of Engineering degree program (MEng) with specializations in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mining&Minerals Processing, or Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM)
- Master of Environmental Health and Safety (MEHS)
All students have complete access to all courses offered and facilities on the UMD campus.Classes are set to be held at Mesabi Range College in Virginia and are taught by UMD faculty. Enrollees will be UMD Students and will have access to related courses offered on the UMD campus and to ITV and on-line courses.
Proposed Fall 2014 course offerings are available online.
- Apply online through the University of Minnesota Graduate School. You are able to transfer graduate-level courses to this degree program.
- For non-degree students or those students wanting to take courses only, register through University Studies
For additional program information or if you have questions, please contact James "Moe" Benda, Director, at 218-749-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iron Range Scholarship Available!Due 10/1/14 - Download Scholarship Application.
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline (earned or expected) or related field such as chemistry, computer science, geology, physics, etc.
- Currently enrolled in, or planning to enroll in, approved course work in the Iron Range/UMD Graduate Engineering Education Program and/or the UMD Professional Master of Engineering Degree Program
- Living (and attending class) on the Iron Range
- Financial Need
- Evaluation of this application including the clarity, completeness, and content of your essay.