Award Amount: $5,000
- Full time student during both semesters of the upcoming academic year at the University of Minnesota Duluth
- Swenson College of Science & Engineering students studying Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Environmental Science or any other degree considered life sciences.
- Students must be in their junior or senior year
- Per the donor's wishes, preference will be given to students who are graduates of Denfeld High School in Duluth
- Students must demonstrate academic merit in their field of Study
- Per the donor's wishes, preference will be given to students with a GPA of 3.5 or better
Deadline: March 11 - no applications accepted after that date
When are Funds Awarded: Recipients are notified in August via email.
Summary: The UMD Techne/R&D Systems Merit Scholarship in Life Sciences Fund was created by Mr. Thomas Oland. This award may be renewable provided the recipient demonstrates satisfactory progress toward a degree.
Fill out online form below or download PDF to submit via email or mail.
All fields are required except where indicated
For information on scholarships, contact Carrie Sutherland, Development Director, Swenson College of Science and Engineering, 218-726-6995.