SCSE Student Collegiate Fee: Goals and Examples of Use
- Meets a critical or compelling need
- Aligns with SCSE goals/priorities
- Impacts large numbers of students
- Is cross-disciplinary in nature. (Two or more departments are involved).
- Enhances courses and student learning
- Is an innovation that impacts student retention or student advising.
- Improves productivity in areas of teaching, research and service
- Is sustainable
- Provides for sharing of new practice, knowledge or lessons learned with other departments during and/or beyond the life of the project.
- Infrastructure and general support of teaching and learning and student service functions
- Laboratory equipment
- Computer applications for teaching and learning
- Portable smart carts with scanning and digital imaging capability for classrooms
- Training and assistance for electronic portfolio development
- Technical support and maintenance for hardware, software and equipment
- Distance education technology for instruction
- Student support technology
- Technology-related curricular materials
- Computer-based tutorials and instruction
- Web development
- Special printing capabilities