Welcome to the Society of Women Engineers University of Minnesota Duluth homepage!
SWE is an organization that strives to establish engineering as a highly desirable career aspiration for women. We empower women to succeed, advance toward their goals, and be recognized for life-changing contributions and achievements as engineers and leaders.
Our mission is to stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and to demonstrate the value of diversity.
Calendar of Events
Wednesday, February 26, 20145 pm - Engr 290
We will be electing new officers!
Afterwards, we will work on LinkedIn profiles.
Dress nice if you want a professional photo taken.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
5 pm - Engineering Building Room 290
LHB and SWE
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
4 pm - Library Room 409
- General SWE Announcements
- Introductions about speakers and LHB
- Interview the HR Generalist (Bring your best interview question, try to stump them)
- Mock Interview with other SWE members
- Open/Candid Question and Answer
- Resume Reviews
Meeting10/15/2013 - 6 pm in Engr 290
- Planning for our big outreach event in February: get ideas for hands on experiments, estimate out experiment costs, brainstorm event name, etc.
- SWE BBQ/Bonfire - at Megan Halver's house - SWE is providing hot dogs and Smores. Last chance to enjoy the fall weather! More details at meeting.
- Engineering Day:
- Possible U.S. Steel Tour
SWE at UMD began in September of 2010. Our main focus is building friendships among other women or supporters of women in engineering! We have events such as outreach to the community by volunteering and visiting youth in schools, as well as learning about other engineers in the field by inviting them to speak to us, going on tours, and attending networking events and career fairs.
As a member of SWE you are eligible for scholarships and awards. Your resume is also enhanced by showing that you belong to SWE.
So who can join SWE? Anyone who is an advocate of women in engineering; boys or girls, engineering student or not. Please contact us or join us at a meeting if you'd like to join.