You are here
Does campus involvement really matter?
Students who are involved in organizations and clubs in college tend to do better academically than those who don't
You probably hear it all the time...."Get involved on campus!" But who cares, right?
Well...turns out YOU should. Students who are involved in organizations and clubs in college tend to do better academically than those who don't.
And there are additional reasons to get involved that can have long-term benefits:
• It can be an opportunity to build career skills
• You can learn and demonstrate good time management skills
• Organizations can help you learn to work with groups
• You'll make friends
• It can build self-confidence
• Employers love to see you've put your skills to use
So go ahead...give that group you've been thinking about a try. UMD has many clubs and organizations so there's likely something that you'll enjoy. Check out Bulldog Link to find one you're interested in.