You are here
Head of the Lakes Job & Internship Fair in two weeks
79 (so far) Employers will be on campus that day
Thursday, October 5, 2017
10 am to 2 pm
Kirby Ballroom and Rafters
What is this?
79 (so far) Employers will be on campus that day to:
* Seek candidates to fill internship and full-time positions (some will be interviewing)
* Gather resumes for consideration for future openings
* Promote and answer questions about their company and/or hiring process
Who can go?
This fair is for all majors and is open to current students and recent alumni from UMD, University of Wisconsin-Superior and the College of St Scholastica.
This fair is not open to the public or other colleges.
Why should I go?
It's an easy way to meet with a lot of employers in a short amount of time without having to travel.
Even if you are not looking for an internship or job right now, it pays to get familiar with the process, see what is out there, gather information, and to practice before you need to do it for real.
What do I need to do?
1. Get the Guide * On your phone: Get the University of Minnesota app (free in the app stores), then download the 2017 UMD Head of the Lakes Job & Internship Fair guide * On the web: Go to the web version of the guide
2. Make a list of employers you are interested in visiting at the fair. You'll waste your time if you are just wandering around.
3. Research those employers - Seriously, DO NOT walk up and say "So what does your company do anyway?" Know something about them and why you are interested in them.
4. Prepare your "elevator speech"
5. Prepare your resume and have it reviewed
Visit SCC 22, call 218-726-7985 or email email@example.com