You are here
What do you want your UMD legacy to be?
The Office for Students in Transition is one of the biggest providers of student leadership opportunities at UMD. Each year we work with more than 275 student leaders, who are a vital part of our programs and services. All leadership positions in SIT require a student to be in good academic standing; preference will be given for students with a cummulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Applications and interviews are required for all positions; leadership positions are competitive. We offer volunteer positions, leadership positions for academic credit, internships, and paid leadership opportunities.
Student Leadership Job Descriptions - 2017
- Advisement & Registration Student Advisor
- Bulldog Welcome Week RockStar
- Bulldog Welcome Week TeamLead RockStar
Intern Job Descriptions - (These positions have been filled for 2017)
- Advisement & Registration Intern
- Bulldog Welcome Week Intern
RockStar Applications open on February 1st. Check back here for the link!
The RockStar application process is two parts:
- The first part is the online application which asks a couple essay questions and some basic demographic information.
- The second part involves an in-person group interview; once you have completed the online application, you will be asked to come to 42 Solon Campus Center to sign up for a time that works for you. The group interview lasts about 50 minutes; it consists of several creative activities and games that allow us to see you demonstrate your Bold & Friendly spirit and leadership skills. We will also explain to you some important information about the RockStar contract you will sign if you are offered and accept the position.
- Please review the job description above--you MUST be available for all of the dates listed or you will not be eligible for the position. We are excited to meet you and hope to add you to our amazing BWW 2017 team!