Orientation Transfer Prep
You are here
Orientation Transfer Prep Review
You made the decision to transfer, and we are thrilled you chose UMD! Unlike a new student starting college, we know that making the decision to attend UMD is not the end for you. You have additional questions and you want answers. Does UMD have all of my transcripts? What courses transferred? How do I find out what requirements my transfer courses fulfilled?
You want to know that when you come to Orientation that you and your UMD Advisor are prepared. Nothing is more frustrating than sitting down with your advisor to create a course schedule and finding out that UMD does not have all your records so your advisor is not sure what courses to place you in. We understand which is why we designed the Orientation Transfer Prep Review to help put your mind at ease.
The Orientation Transfer Prep Review ensures that your student record is up-to-date (based on the date of the review), that you understand what your record means, and that both you and UMD are prepared for your Orientation appointment. To avoid any surprises and frustration, we encourage you to sign up for your review.
Schedule a 30-minute appointment:
Call 218-726-6393. Appointments begin Mid-February and go through Mid-May. When scheduling, you will need to provide your:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID
- UMD Email
- Phone Number
- Preference for type of meeting
- In-Person (UMD Campus)
- Google Hangout
What to Expect During the Review
During the appointment you will:
- Review the transcripts on file and the steps to provide additional transcripts if needed
- Review if you have an AA degree or completed the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) to verify if our records reflect it and ensure UMD's Liberal Education requirements are waived
- Discuss your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) - including the petition process, if needed
- Discuss your APAS report - how your courses transferred and what categories were fulfilled
- Verify your major decision
- Be reminded to schedule your Orientation date or confirm your session date
- Be provided with any contact information you might need - OneStop for Financial aid, etc.
After the Review
- You will be sent a copy of what was discussed with you for your record
- You will be sent a short follow-up survey to help us improve our program
Finally, after completing an Orientation review, you can begin prepping for your Orientation date!