You are here
Cosponsor & Affiliate Program Costs
Cosponsored & Affiliate Program Cost Information
Due to the wide range of cosponsored and affiliate programs, and their varying costs, we do not list each program cost individually. To determine the overall cosponsored and affiliate program cost, reference their respective webpages for cost information and then use this formula to calculate a final cost. (Note: Discounts range from $0–$500. Not all programs offer a discount and the cosponsor discount does not apply to short-term summer/affiliate, or non-cosponsored programs.)
Your UMD student account will be charged the following for cosponsored and affiliate short-term or semester programs:
- $50 Non-refundable UMD Application Fee (billed upon submission of your UMD application)
- $400 Non-refundable Confirmation Deposit (applied towards the program fee, billed upon submission of the UMD Confirmation of Participation Form)
- The following is charged to your UMD student account according to UMD billing dates:
- $43/Month CISI Insurance
- $72 semester OR $18 short-term program ITSS email/internet access fee
- $1,750 Study Abroad Fee
- Affiliate Program Cost (visit the affiliate website for their cost information)
- Housing may be included (visit the affiliate website as programs vary)
If you're participating in a cosponsored or affiliate program, you will see the affiliate's standard application and program fees appear on your UMD account. However, your affiliate provider will bill you directly for housing security deposits or upgrade costs (such as single-room housing or optional tours).
Review these implications affecting participation in non-affiliated study abroad programs. See a study abroad program coordinator to determine non-affiliate program costs.
If you do not see a cost estimate for the semester/term you intend to go abroad, the cost has not yet been determined. Please note cost estimates and fees may change depending on international economic factors. UMD Study Abroad delays the posting of final fees until enrollments, inflation, and exchange rates are determined in order to provide students with the most accurate pricing. We strive to post final fees by October 1 for Spring programs, March 1 for May/Summer programs, and May 1 for Fall and Academic year programs.