You are here
UMD Program Costs
UMD Semester Program Cost Information
Program cost information for UMD programs can be found on their respective web pages.
Your UMD student account will be charged the following fees for UMD programs:
- $50 Non-refundable Application Fee (billed upon submission of your UMD application)
- $400 Non-refundable Confirmation Deposit (applied towards the program fee, billed upon submission of the UMD Confirmation of Participation Form)
- Program fee (varies by program, charged according to UMD billing dates) which may include:
- ITSS email/internet access fee*
- Study Abroad Fee
- All other program costs (except for out-of-pocket expenses)
*The ITSS email/internet access fee is not included in the International Student Teaching program fee. This fee is included in the Collegiate Fee for these students.
All study abroad programs will have additional expenses that are not included in the program fee. Many out-of-pocket expenses are unique to a program, but a few universal expenses are listed below. Many out-of-pocket expenses are unique to a program, but a few universal expenses are listed below:
- International Insurance - CISI Insurance (note: this is included in the cost of UMD Faculty-Led Programs; insurance for all programs is billed to your UMD account)
- International Visas
- Personal expenses
- Airfare (included with some programs)
A cost estimate is linked to each program web page. If you do not see a cost estimate for the term you intend to go abroad, the cost has not yet been determined. Please note cost estimates and fees may change depending on international economic factors. Our office delays the posting of final fees until enrollments, inflation, and exchange rates are determined in order to provide the most accurate pricing. We strive to post final fees by October 1 for Spring programs, March 1 for May/Summer programs, and May 1 for Fall and Academic year programs.