You are here
The University of Minnesota Duluth is a comprehensive, regional university established in 1947. The university offers over 80 undergraduate programs within its five colleges:
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Education & Human Service Professions
- Labovitz School of Business & Economics
- School of Fine Arts
- Swenson College of Science & Engineering
Our stellar teaching and research have earned the University of Minnesota Duluth high rankings in U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Colleges" issue.
The UMD campus is spread over 244 acres (~1 km²) and overlooks Lake Superior, the largest freshwater lake in the world. There are more than 50 buildings that are connected by concourses and hallways. Enrollment at UMD is approximately 11,000, including over 300 international students from over 40 countries.
What do do
Beyond academics, there are a number of seasonal and year-round activities. Locals enjoy athletics, sports, and recreational activities including sailing, skiing, rock climbing, hockey, soccer, and even surfing! The campus also has its own performing arts theater, art museum, music hall, and planetarium.
Duluth’s city center is located roughly 3 miles (4.8 km) away from campus. Travel around Duluth is easy and convenient with the Duluth Transit Authority services. The DTA maintains a bus hub on campus and DTA bus services are free for students.
Exchange Student Opportunities
Exchange students are nominated by their home university to attend UMD. Only degree-seeking, undergraduate students that attend a university with exchange program agreements are eligible to study through the exchange program at UMD:
- Erasmus University Rotterdam | Netherlands
- Linnaeus University | Sweden
- Luleå University of Technology | Sweden
- Panamericana University | Mexico
- Umeå University | Sweden
- University of Birmingham | United Kingdom
- University of Passau | Germany
- University of Worcester | United Kingdom
- UPEAP | Mexico
- Zagreb School of Economics & Management | Croatia
Non-Exchange Student Opportunities
If your home university does not have an agreement with UMD you may find more information about studying at UMD via International Student Services.