Students selected for the program receive funding each semester in federal Title IV-E funds. In return scholars agree to complete the Child Welfare curriculum which includes specialized coursework and doing their internship(s) in a child welfare setting. Upon exiting the program scholars agree to seek and maintain public or tribal child welfare employment for a time period equivalent to the length of time they received Title IV-E funds.
1. Review the document “Child Welfare Defined” to ensure you have a clear understanding of the field of child welfare for the purposes of this program.
2. Watch the “Realistic Job Preview of North Carolina Child Welfare Work” and read the information provided at the link below---note—you will need to view this video to complete the essay portion of the application.
3. If after reviewing the document you are still interested in becoming a child welfare scholar, download the application in the most updated version of Adobe Reader to complete the PDF application linked below. Areas highlighted in red on the application are required for all applicants. It is highly suggested you use Mozilla Firefox as a web browser during this application process.
PDF APPLICATION: 2014-2015 UMD MSW Child Welfare Scholars Program Application
If you have trouble using the PDF application, please feel free to use the Microsoft Word application below:
WORD APPLICATION: 2014-2015 UMD MSW Child Welfare Scholars Program Application
4. Send your completed application and resume electronically to: Jensina Rosen at email@example.com. Applicants who do not submit materials electronically or in the proper format (see application for detailed directions) will have materials returned.
5. DEADLINE: Applications received by FEBRUARY 28, 2014 will be given priority consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed after the February 28, 2014 priority deadline.
6. NOTIFICATION: Notification of awards for priority application will be made on March 17, 2014.
7. If you have questions during the application process, please contact Jensina Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (218)726-7497.
220 Bohannon Hall
1207 Ordean Court
Duluth, MN 55812
1 (888) 534-9734
Did you find what you were looking for? YES NO