Information for Agencies/Supervisors:
Twin Ports Social Work Field Consortium Presents:
Social Media, New Technology & Ethics: Balancing the Opportunities and Risks
When: Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Where: UW-Superior, Yellow Jacket Union, Room 204
Additional Information: RSVP by Friday, April 11th to Lynn Amerman Goerdt at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-394-8158. Parking passes will be sent when registered
- What are social media and new technologies?
- Provided by UWS Social Work Faculty
- How are area social workers using social media?
- Provided by UWS Social Work Student Researchers
- How are agencies using a range of social media and new technology while balancing opportunities, risks, and ethics?
- Panel of representatives from agencies using a variety of social media and new technologies
- How can we work together to capitalize on these trends?
Network with other field supervisors and alumni
Win excellent prizes
- Effective Fall Semester,
2006 all field supervisors are required to have completed
training provided by the Department of Social Work prior to
accepting an MSW field student for placement. Information
about training opportunities may be found here.
- If you are interested in having your agency approved as a field placement
site for UMD MSW students, contact the Field Coordinator, Kathy
Heltzer, MSSW, LICSW. To
download an agency application form, visit our "Field
Program Forms" page.
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
- MSW Field Supervisors may be eligible to receive a non-paid
faculty appointment in the Department of Social Work during
the period of time they are supervising an MSW student in a field
placement. If you are interested in this, contact Kathy
Heltzer, MSSW, LICSW.
- Check out the Portland Research and Training Center's Summer 2007
Issue: "Effective Interventions for Underserved Populations"
- We have revised our curriculum. Check here to see an updated sample of field activities that
we will expect our students to participate in at their field placements.