You are here
What is your U Card?
Your U Card identifies you as a student, staff, or faculty member on the UMD campus. Your first U Card is available at no charge to you, and may be obtained at the U Card Office in Kirby Plaza, Room 127. Please bring your government issued photo ID and be prepared to have your picture taken.
Use your U Card for:
- Campus ID purposes
- Accessing your TCF U Card Checking Account
- Checking out library materials
- Entering the recreational sports center, computer labs, buildings and residence hall Dining Center
- Art and athletic ticket discounts
- Accessing art materials, student employment, business school services and more!
- DTA, FREE bus access for fee paying students
- Dining Dollars Program
- UMD Stores and Print Shop charges with photo ID
Since your U Card never expires, keep it even after you leave the University. If you ever return as a student, staff or faculty member, your card will still be valid.
Report lost or stolen U Cards immediately! There is a $25 replacement fee for lost, stolen, or damaged U Cards. A new photo is taken for each replacement.
If you have a TCF Bank account, please report lost or stolen U Cards to TCF.
If you find a U Card, please return it to the Duluth U Card Office immediately.