University of Minnesota Policies and Procedures - HIPAA (Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act of 1996)
Data Privacy and Security- PDF
University of Minnesota Policies and Procedures that Address the HIPAA
Security Regulations - PDF/Excel
Instructions for accessing assigned HIPAA Privacy and Security training
available through the University of Minnesota Portal.:
1. Go to: http://www.myu.umn.edu.
2. Log on with your UMD username and password. (If you need your password
reset, call UMD ITSS at 218-726-8847.)
3. Select "MY WORK LIFE " or MY COURSES AND TEACHING"
tab for regular employees or "my ACADEMICS & CAREER" tab
for students. If courses do not show up, click on "MyU Space"
at the top of the page.
4. Under "U of M Privacy and Security Training," click on the
first assigned module. Complete the training modules in sequence.
5. Close the window after completing each module and return to your
"To Do list."
6. When you have finished your assigned modules, including the assessment,
7. You will receive an email confirming completion of each course within
If you have questions, let Cathy Rackliffe
or 726-6827) know.
It will take about 24-36 hours after the training
has been assigned before you will be able to access the online training.
HIPAA Privacy and Security Coordinator
UMD Department of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity