50-74% and 75-100% appointment
An orientation will be conducted for
non-academic employees who are:
- are new hire with 75-100% appointment
- have transferred up to 75-100 percent time appointment (example, transfer from temp and casual, on-call appointment or under 74% appointment)
- are hired on 75-100% temporary appointment lasting three months or longer; and
- has an appointment of 50-74% lasting three months or longer.
Process for Departments to request orientation for new employees or newly benefits eligible employees
1) Department fills out the Orientation Request form for employee.
FOR NEW EMPLOYEE OR NEWLY BENEFITS ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEE
Steps to register for an orientation online (if your x.500 is not yet activated, call Lita Wallace at 726-7822 to schedule an orientation)
2) UMD HR&EO will contact employee to schedule an orientation or you may provide the following information to employee.
Steps for employee to register for an orientation:
Contact UMD HR&EO at 726-7822 / email@example.com for questions.
Note: Orientation is not conducted for those with appointment under 50% or for those with Temp & Casual appointments.