UMD Vacation Donation Program
The University of Minnesota recently updated its Vacation Donation Program policy. Effective July 1, 2011, UMD has changed its processes to correspond with the University’s administrative policy and procedures for this program. At UMD, the Vacation Donation Program is administered by the UMD Department of Human Resources. For information and assistance email Betsy Behning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-6520.
There are some aspects of the policy which are new to the University and/or represent changes from how the Program was administered at UMD. The highlights include:
- P&A employees are no longer allowed to donate time to the Program.
- Language defining “immediate family” for eligibility to use donated time has been aligned to match the various governing documents, and is an appendix to the policy.
- The Vacation Donation Program is administered on a calendar year basis.
- Employees paid from federally sponsored research funds or Internal Sales Organization funds cannot contribute time.
- A printed copy of the employee’s most recent VSL & comp time record (from HRMS) must accompany the Program application.
- Vacation donations can no longer be pooled except in very limited situations. Donations must be solicited by the recipient employee’s department, specifically for the recipient employee, using communication preapproved by UMD HR and the employee, and awards will be limited to the donated amounts received up to the total award.
We encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the UWide Policy:
To avoid accidental misrouting to Employee Benefits in the Twin Cities, versions of the University forms with UMD-HR’s address must be used.
If you have any questions about the Vacation Donation Program, contact Betsy Behning at email@example.com or by phone at 218-726-6520.
To avoid accidental misrouting to Employee Benefits, forms for UMD staff use are as follows:
UMD-1548 Vacation Donation Donor/Recipient Worksheet
UMD-1549 Request to Use the Vacation Donation Program
UMD-1550 Vacation Donation Program: Physician’s Statement
UMD-1551 Vacation Donation Contribution