UMD Employee Wellness Program
Biometric Health Screening
UPlan members, you can gain a better understanding of your health and earn 100 points for your Wellness Points Bank by participating in health screenings. There are no out of pocket charges for UPlan members as well as UPlan covered spouses or same-sex domestic partners.
For your Biometric screening to count toward your Wellness Points Bank, Boynton Health Service or UMD QuickCare Clinic MUST submit your screening result to Staywell, the company who manages the Wellness Points Bank system. Staywell will then enter the results which will appear in your wellness assessment information approximately within one month of screening.
Tests offered in each screening session include:
- Total Cholesterol*
- HDL and LDL Cholesterol*
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Glucose
- Body Mass Index and Composition
*For a fasting cholesterol test, individuals must fast for at least 8 hours before testing.
Requirements at the time of appointment:
1. For a fasting cholesterol test, you must fast (not eat anything) for at least eight hours before testing. You may drink water. Coffee, tea, or pop may interfere with the test and should be avoided.
2. Photo ID
- Employees - must show your UCard or photo ID
- Spouse/Same-sex domestic partner - must show photo ID
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You must show a photo ID on the day of your appointment. If you cannot show a photo ID, a biometic screening will be conducted for your own information only. Boynton Health Service will not be able to submit the results to StayWell and therefore no points will be recorded for your Wellness Points Bank.
Sign-up for an appointment
There are two ways you can have a Biometric Health Screening administered and review the results with you at the end of your appointment. Click on the URL to make an appointment
- administered at UMD QuickCare Clinic at 107 Kirby Student Center
Walk-in is also available but may have a waiting time or call 726-8666 ahead of time. Fasting is required.
- administered by Boynton Health Service Registered Nurses with assistance from theUMD QuickCare Nurse Practitioner at Griggs Center - see dates below
For Boynton Health Service appointment, you may click on the direct sign-in page with your x.500 or follow these steps:
- Clicking Sign-up will take you into Boynton Health Service Scheduling System in the Twin Cities
- SIGN UP with your x.500
- Select one of the dates listed (room - KSC Griggs Center for all dates)
- December 10, 2013
- February 19, 2014
- March 27, 2014
- April 22, 2014
- May 8, 2014
- August 14, 2014
- Click SCHEDULE NOW and follow the next steps
If you have any questions about the online registration form, call Boynton Health Service at (612) 626-9355, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Office of Human Resources Wellness Program's Health Screenings website
Note: Preventive Screening Elsewhere: Physician's Office - Depending upon the location of your work place, there are various outlets you or your family members can visit to obtain your biometric test results.In lieu of biometric health screening data obtained through an on-campus screening, UPlan members can instruct their health care provider to submit screening results using the Health Care Provider Biometric Health Screening Form.