UMD Employee Wellness Program
Biometric Health Screening
UPlan members, you can gain a better understanding of your health and earn 150 points for your Wellness Points Bank by participating in health screenings. There are no out of pocket charges for UPlan members as well as UPlan covered spouses or same-sex domestic partners.
For your biometric screening count toward your Wellness Points Bank, Boynton Health Service or UMD QuickCare Clinic MUST submit your screening result to Staywell, the company who manages the Wellness Points Bank system. Staywell will then enter the results which will appear in your wellness assessment information approximately within one month of screening.
Tests offered in each screening session include:
- Total Cholesterol*
- HDL and LDL Cholesterol*
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Glucose
- Body Mass Index and Composition
*For a fasting cholesterol test, individuals must fast for at least 8 hours before testing.
Requirements at the time of appointment:
1. For a fasting cholesterol test, you must fast (not eat anything) for at least eight hours before testing. You may drink water. Coffee, tea, or pop may interfere with the test and should be avoided.
2. Photo ID
- Employees - must show your UCard or photo ID
- Spouse/Same-sex domestic partner - must show photo ID
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You must show a photo ID on the day of your appointment. If you cannot show a photo ID, a biometic screening will be conducted for your own information only. Boynton Health Service will not be able to submit the results to StayWell and therefore no points will be recorded for your Wellness Points Bank.
Quick Care will be only be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the remainder of the Fall 2016 semester
Thursday 11/17 9-3
Tuesday 11/22 9-12
Thursday 12/1 9-3
Tuesday 12/6 9-3
Thursday 12/8 9-3
Tuesday 12/13 9-3
Thursay 12/15 9-3
Tuesday 12/20 9-3
Thursday 12/22 9-3
Thanks for your patience and
Call 726-8666 or email email@example.com during the days/times open to schedule an appointment.
Biometric Screening Clinics:
There are several options to attend biometric screenings on campus administered by Boynton Health Service Registered Nurses at Kirby Rafters
UMD (Kirby Rafters)
12/1/2016, 7:30-10:45 am (FULL)
2/23/2017, 7:30-10:45 am (FULL)
3/21/2017, 7:30-10:45 am
4/20/2017, 7:30-10:45 am
5/23/2017, 7:30-10:45 am
8/10/2017, 7:30-10:45 am
For Boynton Health Service appointment, you may click on the direct sign-in page with your x.500 or follow these steps:
1) Click on the blue "Sign Up Here" button
2) Find UMD Biometric Health Screenings 2016-2017 and click on the red "Schedule Now" button next to it.
3) The system may prompt you to register a profile by entering information such as your name, birthdate, etc if you have not used it before. You can then enter the clinic date you prefer and check the box for location (Kirby Student Center) and your name. Click the "Next" button.
4) Choose the time slot you prefer.
All Biometric Screening Clinics will be held from 7:30am-10:45am in Kirby Rafters.
If you have any questions about the online registration form, call Boynton Health Service at (612) 626-9355, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Office of Human Resources Wellness Program's Health Screenings website
Note: Preventive Screening Elsewhere: Physician's Office - If you choose to have a biometric health screening at your health provider's clinic, please have your provider complete theBiometric Health Screening Provider Form (pdf). Submit a copy to StayWell by the deadline to receive your Wellness Points. You may also submit the form to Staywell once your clinic have provided you the results of your health screening.