Resources and Other Info
Search UMD OEO
Academic and Non-Academic Searches
Recruiting and Advertising Resources
- UMD Lists
- Diversity Recruitment Source Data Base
- Ph.D. Project initiative designed to encourage minorities to enter academic careers. The Ph.D. project is focused on business professors; however, other disciplines may have a similar resource.
- THE NATIONAL HIGHER EDUCATION RECRUITMENT CONSORTIUM (HERC) has developed a customized higher education curriculum vitae/resume database. The database currently contains the vitae/resumes of more than 4,000 prospective faculty and staff. Accessing the database is free for all Upper Midwest HERC member institutions, including the U, and there is no limit to the number of accounts per institution. Departments seeking to fill open positions are encouraged to tap this valuable resource. For more information and access to the database, email Mary Everley or call 612-626-0775.
- Consider posting your position to HigherEdJobs.com, at no cost to your department, courtesy of an institutional subscription purchased for UMD by Academic Affairs. Your unit administrative director has the login and password should you decide to use this source. Also, try searching the HigherEdJobs Resume Database of resumes and CVs of over 193,000 higher education professionals.
- As you develop your search strategies, we recommend you explore Bayard Advertising, a service offered by the U of M. There is sometimes a cost associated with using this service.
- EdPost Listings is Minnesota's Number One Job Listing Site for Pre-K-12 Teaching and Administrative Positions.