It’s a big deal, sending your kid off to college.
Trust us, we understand. But don’t worry. We’re on your side.
You’ve Got Questions: We’ve Got Answers
You want to make sure your son or daughter has the structure they need to go along with that freedom they crave. You want to know they’ll have their aid in place, their housing arranged and their class schedule in hand on that first day. And we want that to.
Below, you'll find quick answers to questions commonly asked by parents and families. If you have additional questions, please contact your UMD Admissions Counselor.
The Nuts & Bolts
- New student checklist for dates and deadlines
- Academic Orientation and Registration
- Calendars and Events
Just for You
Support For Your Student
- Our Five Collegiate Units
- College of Education and Human Service Professions
- College of Liberal Arts
- Labovitz School of Business and Economics
- School of Fine Arts
- Swenson College of Science and Engineering
- Career Services
- Office of Cultural Diversity
- Office of Disability Resources
- Self-Service for Financial Aid and Registration
- Tutoring Center
Ways They Can Get Involved
My favorite part of being a UMD student is being part of the Honors Program. So many opportunities were offered to me through the program, it broadened my experience at UMD!