Government and Community
You are here
Government and Community Relations
University Marketing and Public Relations works to advance the interests of UMD among government officials.
University Marketing and Public Relations works to advance the interests of UMD among government officials at the state level in Saint Paul, the federal level in Washington, D.C., and with tribal governments. We also work with local government, neighbors and community partners across the state and the region.
We host legislators on campus and have regular communication with them in order to share UMD’s unique stories and increase their understanding of UMD’s contributions to research, education, and the economy. By doing this, we help to increase the level of support UMD receives.
UMD 2016 Legislative Bonding Requests:
- UMD's capital requests summary
- Higher Education Asset Preservation and Replacement (HEAPR)
- Chemistry and Advanced Materials Science (CAMS)
- Academic and Student Experience Investment
- Duluth & St Louis County at the Capitol Info Sheet (CAMS & NRRI)
- Join the U of M Legislative Action Network
- U of M Government Relations govrelations.umn.edu
- Read state relations updates at govrelations.umn.edu/state-relations.html
- Read federal relations updates at govrelations.umn.edu/federal-relations.html
UMD Legislative Maps:
- Enrollment by MN House districts
- Enrollment by MN House districts (metro)
- Alumni by MN House districts
- Alumni by MN House districts (metro)
Lynne Williams, director
Betty Greene, administrative associate