Government and Community
You are here
Government and Community Relations
University Marketing and Public Relations work to advance the interests of UMD among government officials.
University Marketing and Public Relations work to advance the interests of UMD among government officials at the local, state, and federal level. We host legislators on campus and have regular communication with them to share UMD’s unique stories and communicate UMD’s impact to our community and state.
Our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends can all help advocate for UMD and the University of Minnesota by telling legislators why you support us and why you want them to do the same.
Stay Connected and Take Action:
- Join the U of M Legislative Action Network
- U of M Government Relations govrelations.umn.edu
- Read state relations updates at govrelations.umn.edu/state-relations.html
- Read federal relations updates at govrelations.umn.edu/federal-relations.html
UMD Legislative Maps:
- Enrollment by MN House districts
- Enrollment by MN House districts (metro)
- Alumni by MN House districts
- Alumni by MN House districts (metro)
Lynne Williams, director