Effective: June 1, 2009
Last Updated: June 1, 2009
Policy Owner: Academic Affairs
Program faculty are encouraged to enter into discussions with community colleges in Minnesota in an effort to streamline the transition to UMD for community college transfer students. Agreements should be recorded, with signatures, using an articulation agreement that includes:
- Names of articulating institutions
- Names of articulating programs
- Description/Purpose of the agreement
- Beginning and end dates of the agreement
- Person/office responsible for maintenance of the agreement
- Clear outline of the courses that will transfer to UMD
- Any criteria for admission to the program after transfer to UMD
- Space for signatures by officials of the UMD department and college, the vice chancellor for academic administration, and the chancellor, as well as appropriate personnel from the transfer institution.
Any courses listed for transfer to equivalent UMD courses must also be included in online transfer manuals/systems. Departments may choose to waive a specific course requirement from the transfer institution based on academic experiences that are not equivalent to a specific UMD course.