Biology B.S. Program Outcomes
At the end of the program, our graduates should KNOW: (Cognitive outcomes)
1. Know the general process of evolution by natural selection.
2. Know the basic principles of ecology, genetics, physiology, and cell biology.
3. Know the basic principles of the origin of life.
At the end of the program, our graduates should be able to demonstrate these SKILLS: (Behavioral outcomes)
1. Demonstrate analysis of quantitative and qualitative data including entry and organization of data with spreadsheets and drawing programs and their analysis and presentation in graphs, tables and figures.
2. Demonstrate communication of the results of scientific knowledge to other scientists and the public in both written and oral forms.
3. Demonstrate proficiency with at least one instrument commonly used in biological research (microscope, etc).
At the end of the program, our graduates should hold these PROFESSIONAL VALUES: (Affective Outcomes)
1. Understand key ethical and cultural considerations associated with scientific inquiry
2. A commitment to original thought
3. A commitment to the analysis and elucidation of objective reality regardless of prior views