Communication B.A. Program Outcomes
The Department of Communication at UMD strives to provide a comprehensive communication education that combines traditional theoretical foundations with modern applied skills.
1. Demonstrate clear, critical and creative thinking in response to communication.
2. In a variety of settings, express ideas in messages that are coherent, persuasive and ethical.
3. Analyze and evaluate verbal and nonberbal messages in differing social, political and /or cultural contexts in order to assess their effects.
4. Demonstrate comprehension of significant issues in the history, theory and/or criticisim of human communication.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the social scientific mode of knowledge creation employed in communication study.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the humanisitic mode of knowledge creation employed in communication study.