- Know the history, literature and function of the theatre, including works from various periods and cultures.
- Have a knowledge of professional realities
- Have a fundamental understanding of all aspects of the collaborative process of theatre.
- Analyze and interpret plays and literature with particular attention to performance, design/tech and stage management, directing and criticism.
- Apply discipline specific techniques in the creative process.
- Have a commitment to ongoing artistic improvement.
- Have mutual respect within a collaborative environment.