CASL - Nov. 24, 2009
Present: Janny Walker (for Stan Burns), Arden Weaver, Wayne Jesswein, jerry Pepper, Bruce Munson, Julie Westlund, John Schwetman, Michele Hatcher, Shannon Godsey, Jackie Millslagle
Excused: Mary Keenan, Curt Philips
1. A grant request from Psychology to pay for student labor for scoring/analyzing an assessment instruction was approved for $600.
2. Jackie reviewed programs who have submitted Step 1 and Step 2 parts of assessment plans.
3. Jackie reviewed the list of assessment liaisons and will now proceed to create a listserv.
4. The proposed budget for FY10 and an update of expenditures to date was circulated.
5. Jerry, Arden and Jackie had met with student affairs directors to discuss the scope of assessment plans for the campus advising function. That discussion was reviewed for CASL and more discussion ensued, specifically, in distinguishing between program evaluation and assessment of student learning. Jackie will try and find examples of program evaluation plans to help campus programs understand the difference.
Next meeting, December 8, 3:00 p.m.
Jackie Millslagle, Recorder.